#164690  by waldo041
 Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:23 pm
Jblue76 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:58 pm
Apologies for the simplistic questions everyone... does it matter if the 1/4” female end of this cable is TRS since the 1/4” male plug connected to the speakers is a TS plug?
i am sure a mono version is available somewhere if needed. There are a lot of different ways this can be done. But i don't think that cable is wired for TRS application, it may be used for strength in holding the jack. There are only 2 conductors with a banana jack and a TRS has 3.

~waldo
 #164695  by Jon S.
 Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:20 am
Jblue76 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:49 am
Thanks, that looks interesting. So you have a 1/4” in from the preamp, 1/4” out to speakers, I assume the toggle is power on/off? If so, is the benefit not having to plug and unplug the unit each time you use it? What’s the additional 1/4” jack near the power cord and what kind of changes did you make to the power cord? I’d also be interested in knowing if the 1/4” out brought with it any kind of signal loss.
Thanks so much!
I have a 1/4" in and two 1/4" outs (4 and 8 ohms - I chose not to include a 16 ohm out because I personally never used it but it could be readily added still; if changing the outs to industry-standard-for-guitar-amps 1/4" jacks is causing any signal loss, I either can't hear it or don't care). The toggle switch is on/off. And I changed the power chord to an IEC connector. I did all of this for convenience.